OT: Doricans in the Fediverse

I’d rather see a release date than a screenshot. Anticipation is eating me alive. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes… originally. But from what I’ve read, most people on the platform just call them posts? Toots is what my pit bull terrier does after eating a breath freshening “greenie”. So I think I will go with posts (and lighting the occasional candle.)

1 Like

I’m not sure how things will shake out, hence hedging my bets with Mastodon, but I am currently enjoying the ad-free experience as all the advertisers ran for the hills, LOL! Since Twitter Blue was enacted, someone’s been trolling the purple company for over a day now too. :joy:

6 Likes

A thousand apologies; Dorician is indeed the word you’ve been using. I’ll edit my original post if that’s alright.

I can see why you might have thought Dorician could be correct in that the Italian Dorico (i.e. pertaining to Doris) = Doric in English (Doricus in Latin and Dorique in French) but adjectives from names ending in -o (such as the examples I gave), would usually end in -onian (as they end -onien in French - Draconien, Cicéronien, Néronien etc.). I’ll think about possible exceptions.

Dorician (which would mean pertaining to things pertaining to Doris) is not in the OED and its only use seems to have been in obscure American masonic circles.

On no account should even the most obsessive of users be referred to as a Doriconanist.

1 Like