Out now: Simon Phillips Studio Drums

I’m on 7 with no bigger problems…

cheers

trito

SP1?

Yes

I’m installing sp1 this afternoon, then a .Net Framework update. Sure hope this is worth it… :wink:

Ok, everything up and running finally. Sounds great.
One anomaly I’ve noticed is that one or 2 of the drum sounds is layered in a location where if you trigger it from a controller, it’s on the same key as one of the patterns, so instead of hearing the drum sound, you trigger the pattern, not exactly ideal, or do we have to manually move sounds around to keep them from overlapping…?

Are these kit pieces locked? I can’t build my own kits that I can see.

I am having some problems when I drag some of the patterns into a song. They play just fine on the Groove Agent SE window, but once dropped into place, they don’t play properly and add parts of fills. I have updated everything.

Figured it out. Needed to click on the little MIDI jack looking button on theft bottom of the window.

What a terrible GrooveAgent ASIO performance! :cry: :

Will this performance issue be improved promptly?

I’m having the same problem. Working with a trial version I downloaded today. Pretty sure I have updated Groove Agent, but how do I check?

Also, the only thing that shows when I load the kit is “Init Simon Phillips Studio Drums”. Have I installed it properly?

I haven’t completely got my head around the functionality of Groove Agent (Ihave 4, not just SE4) yet, so any advice is appreciated.

Loaded stand alone version, it says it is version 4.2.0, so should I update to 4.2.2? Trying to figure how…

Yes, you should update. Your existing (trial) installation ought to accept and update to the latest edition - v4.2.30

Download and run this, and see what happens…

You should also be able to backtrack out of this if things don’t go so well… :wink:

Good luck.!
Bob

Just demoed and then instantly purchased Simon Phillips Drums, amazing sounding kit, best I’ve ever heard! Makes all my other acoustic kits sound like toys. Congrats to Steinberg and Simon Phillips for knocking it out of the park on this one!

One pretty annoying problem I’m experiencing is the panning issues described by trito. It seems to be connected to the insert effects. When I bypass the insert effects the panning is normal, but when the insert effects are not bypassed (even with no effects active) the panning is reversed.

Although I can see how this is somewhat useful (in a weird way) for quickly changing between drummer and audience perspective, it is a shame that I cannot easily compare my processed drums with the unprocessed drums without also shifting the panning positions - or having to disable all the inserts one by one. And having to think backwards when assigning panning, unless I bypass the insert effects, hurts my delicate brain.

Are there any plans to fix this bug? It’s like a fly in the most delicious soup I’ve ever tasted… I’ll eat it anyway, but would be nice if it wasn’t there.

Thanks!

I just installed Groove agent 4 and it seems to not have the Acoustic agent or the other agents its suppose to come with. I made a separate Post regarding this. The biggest reason for Purchasing Groove agent 4 was to also by the Simon Phillips add on but if I can not get the acoustic agent to even work I fear the Simon Phillips add will be an issue. Still waiting on a fix or someone to tell me what I did wrong.

Got it working. Used the wrong install EXE File. now I can purchase the Simon Phillips add on. Man, can not wait. My favorite drummer :slight_smile: So happy this is out now