Output volume on masterbus

Hi,

I have mastered a stereotrack, having Ozone 9 on masterbus and set a limiting roof at -1 dB.
When playing back the mastered track it shows over zero dB both in Nuendo and in my RME meter…
But when opening the track in Windows mediaplayer it is limited ok…
Also the mastered track shows under zero but masterbus is going on red…WHY?

Yes I have turned off the inserts…

So how do I set the output volume in Nuendo so I can know for sure whats going on?

The lower round red volumeknob in controlroom tab is controlling the in/output volume in a very subjective way and alters masterbus volume, but also the metering…
Anyone?
Micke S.

You might have a summing of the same output. Check the output connections on “studio connections”, if you’re not using the control room, set the output tab to the corresponding RME output and disable the control room, if you’re using the control room features, disable any channel on the output tab. You’re exporting the stereo out with ozone 9, Nuendo will render only that channel, that’s why it is limited on an external player, but it seems that internally you’re summing the control room with the stereo out.

Thanks! But… I am using the controlroom and have deactivated the other output …
It seems strange that I can alter the outputmetering with the volume knob. I mean, not only what I hear but the actual reading…

Micke.

Show the actual routing with screenshots. All channels. Tells us where you’re measuring signal above zero.

(True peak will often measure over zero if sample peak is at zero btw)