Over Waters That Test Us

\m/ :slight_smile: \m/

Over Waters That Test Us

Heavy Metal Polish Dick Dale! That was awesome fun, again with some lovely tight riffing. I loved the video picture background.

Steve.

Again, thanks for listening and commenting, Polish Dick Dale lol, lefty all the way :slight_smile:

\m/

Sorry, apparently this one eluded me! It sounds wonderful! Great metal sounds. You play guitar left-handed? Iā€™m a left hander, but never understood why guitarists, among all instrumentalists, consider it important. (So I play right-handed). Iā€™ve seen that there are a small minority of left handed violinists, but itā€™s quite impractical in an orchestra! But generally unheard of in the classical world.

Thanks Early, yes I am left handed but I do not consider it important lol, at all. Reading your post I must admit I donā€™t think I have ever seen left handed violinists or Cellists in any orchestra, thatā€™s crazy come to think of it. You play right handed? Did you do that from the beginning? I have tried but was totally useless, I learned left handed from the start, even though I started out as a drummer, every time I picked up a guitar when we took a break at rehearsals, they were right handed and it just felt wrong to me. So I played them upside down, I still do sometimes at my friends when visiting, but only chords etc.

I always played right-handed. In an orchestra, all the violinists have to hold their instruments the same way or their bows and headstocks would bump into each other! There are also no left-handed pianos.

haha I never actually thought about the piano thing, mad, surely if a super duper strings player is a lefty they must accommodate, otherwise he/she/it better learn to play right handed quickly. I couldnā€™t help myself had to search for lefty piano, and to my surprise:

I am really fascinated with what he said about being left or right eyed, I live and learn bro :slight_smile:

Effing awesome, played it so loud my speakers fell off the wall and the neighbours left homeā€¦luved it!!

1 Like

eheh thatā€™s cool, louder the better, thanks for playing the track so glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile: \m/

Interesting that you are a lefty guitarist. I listened to this and read through the comments after your more recently posted track. This is cool, and does kind of strangely invoke the Ventures, although the 2 handed tapping brought it elsewhere.
As for the discussion of other lefty instruments, I always thought lefty violinists or violists in orchestras might run the risk of poking out someoneā€™s eyes! Iā€™ve played lefty for over 50 years and have always regretted the lack of instruments available and those awful ā€œlefty premiumsā€ that some manufacturers put on their guitars and basses. Very unfair.
Nice work here, although Iā€™ll admit again to not being a big fan of this type of drum track.
John

Thank you, I feel the same, never enough left handed instruments in stores either, I have struggled with that my entire life, so in the past couple of years have taken to assembling my own guitars from premium parts. What ā€˜typeā€™ of drum track are you talking about? Possibly the trigger on the kick? I feel itā€™s a bit too strong?