Overlapping staves in full score

Daniel,
I read that post. Unfortunately just setting a frame break on the first page doesn’t make life any easier, because then it just cascades the problem on to the next page. I have a 27 page score, and it’s seeming like I’m having to correct each page one at a time.

I would hope that if you adjust the rastral size such that Dorico is trying to get two systems per page rather than three, you should find there’s less of an issue on each page to start with. You might also need to go to the Vertical Spacing page of Layout Options and check that you don’t have larger than necessary values specified there; in general you should set the smallest values you would be willing to accept, since they will normally be expanded as a result of vertical justification.

1 Like

Maybe you can send the project to someone privately to look at?

Setting the Rastral size to the next size higher then just made it fit three Systems on to the first page instead of two. (at over 100%), so when I did frame break to move the bottom system it just pushed the problem on to the next page. It took about an hour, but it’s sorted now.

There are other options, e.g. to tell Dorico explicitly that you only want it to put two systems on each page via the Staves and Systems page of Layout Options. In any case, I’m glad you’ve resolved this to your satisfaction now.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel! It’s such a deep program. Every day, I’m learning so much more!