Oversized extensions in Chord Symbols

Hi!

I have this weird bug that this particular extension (#5) shows up a lot bigger than others, across different projects. How do I solve this?

I’ve tried editing the “scale factor for subscript and superscript extensions” option in Engraving Options, but alas, it didn’t work.

Welcome to the forum, @Mikaelli. Can you please attach a project that exhibits this problem, so we can take a look? I imagine you’ve managed to override the default appearance of this extension.

Thanks, amazed to see you reply so quickly! :slight_smile:

I’ll attach a transcription I’m working on, where this happened:

White Christmas.dorico (1.5 MB)

Let me know if you figure out if I’ve managed to screw up some setting!

Your file opens quite differently for me anyway. Here’s what I get upon opening:

Are you using the most recent version of Dorico and the most recent Petaluma font? You also have different values for these two scale factors:

Typically if you wanted different values here, you’d want the top value greater than the bottom. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to have the (#9#5) set to be larger than the 7 for example.

With these values …

… I get this result:

Is that more in the ballpark of what you want? I’m still not sure what’s up with your larger 5 as your file doesn’t display that way for me.

Very nice reharm too!!!

Used the tricks you had (in addition to a few Daniel listed in another post, particularly about changing the size and position of triangle and flat symbols), and I got immidiately better results.

Thank you very much! And the arrangement is not mine, it’s just a transcription for something Nicholas Semrad did on the tune :slight_smile:

2 Likes