Page range export bug/feature

I searched but didn’t find anything about this.

If I set a page range to export, say 4–5, and export PDF, I get the correct pages. But if I make edits to the project and then use my key command for Export (for me, Ctrl-Alt-E), it exports all pages, not the range. The export dialog is still displaying the range. This has caught me a bunch of times until I figured it out. The reason is that I’m using InDesign with lots of links to PDFs, and I’m used to these PDFs updating automatically when I overwrite the existing export. But they kept reverting to display a different page, and I couldn’t figure out why…

Perhaps that isn’t a bug, and the key command for “Export” technically means only “Export the whole layout.” If so, I’d like to request that the Export shortcut do the same thing happens when I click the “Export” button. The key command for Export is what I vastly prefer for workflow, and I think it makes the most sense to have it mirror the settings in the Export dialog in Print mode. Thanks.

3 Likes

The shortcut is indeed intended to export the whole of the current layout, and it disregards the page range specified in Print mode. I understand you’d like this to work differently, and I’ll think about it, but it’s unlikely to be something we do as a high priority.

Ok, thanks Daniel.