"Panning spread" across all the instruments

One thing that Finale was (err, is) good at, is setting the panning values of all the staves/instruments to different values, giving you a nice stereo spread (and reducing any resonant effects from two of the same instruments).

It might be nice to have some sort of default positioning for ensembles like string quartets, standard orchestras, choirs, brass ensembles, etc. Or just a 'spread players" command that mixes it all up. Obviously, some people will want to specify their own preferred values anyway, but…

Currently, unless I’m missing something, everything is set to the mid-point, which makes it all a bit flat. Not top of anyone’s list, I’m sure, but there we are.

Yes, you’re quite right, Ben, and I agree that a bit of default panning would help. Definitely something we’ll handle in future.

Have you tried NotePerformer? All instruments are panned by default and the sound is amazing, especially in a classical context. And the best of all, you don’t have to do anything to set it up. :slight_smile: