Para Sempre

A Cha-Cha I recorded a while ago. I am doing Piano, Bass, Vibes (on Keys) and Rythym Acc guitar. Other Guitar and Percussion are my friends.
Thought it would be fun to post and hear opinions

Kenny

as usual an excellent piece from you, sophisticated and laid back…not much bass on my small genelecs but maybe that’s the speakers to blame ( they’re only little) and if I may respectfully say…it’s a bit long, maybe that’s what you do in this genre…dunno, but after 4 mins it seemed long…Kevin

I like this a lot, big fan of latin music anyway. Very polished sound. Only think I can say is I would have liked to hear more interplay between instruments as there was at the 4:27 mark. However thats a small point, well done!

I like it a lot. Very well played and loungy. Sometimes I hear vocal lines in my head. Did you ever consider writing words for this piece. Maybe you should. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Jos

Great work, loved the melodies/solos. Enjoyed the percussion a lot, not just the performance (but that too of course) but the sound of it was very pleasant to hear. I’d have perhaps liked to have heard some more interplay earlier on as someone mentioned and I also have to admit (and as my only real criticism) I’d have liked to stop listening around the 4 minute mark. :stuck_out_tongue:

And as a side note, I can’t wait to hear more stuff with flute. I enjoy music that features flute from you the most.

very nice technical playing ,i thought the mix was maybe a bit loud ,this type of music i feel should have a lot of depth and have a sense of where you can almost see where the musicians are positioned ,i like to hear musicians encouraging one another is this type of music and all those cliche`s ,“Ándele arriba”, i know that means hurry up but you get the drift.

Nice pro sound! It was a nice wind down after my gig tonight. :slight_smile: Vibes fit perfectly. The only point I would critique is that the fish seems to go stray here and there. Other than that, a nice laid back jazztino groove!

Another excellent one! You make it sound live. It’s not as adventurous as your other ones, which is fine. Great playing. Enjoyed.

Nice tune :sunglasses:

You say the percussion is friends? For some reason it comes of as quite quantized… not sure what to advise. Might just be me, however :laughing:

Love the piano figure at 2:40, works great

Who’s the vibist? I bet Dutz knows him. Dutz is a great vibist…a bit avant garde, however

I love the “locked-hands” approach on this, George would be very proud :laughing:

Thanks, yep just 4 chords and easy to listen to I hope lol I tried to keep it more traditional to style (as much as I could)

I like this a lot, big fan of latin music anyway. Very polished sound. Only think I can say is I would have liked to hear more interplay between instruments as there was at the 4:27 mark. However thats a small point, well done!

Thanks, the trading at end was (Denny) the guitarist idea…probably right it would have been fun to do more of that. I got a bunch of radio play on this cut (smooth jazz stations) so it was hard to stick neck out to much.

I like it a lot. Very well played and loungy. Sometimes I hear vocal lines in my head. Did you ever consider writing words for this piece. Maybe you should.

Joe, if you are serious I’d love to speak w/you about that! I have been looking for help there…I will PM you I guess and we can see what happens.

Nice tune

You say the percussion is friends? For some reason it comes of as quite quantized… not sure what to advise. Might just be me, however

Love the piano figure at 2:40, works great

Who’s the vibist? I bet Dutz knows him. Dutz is a great vibist…a bit avant garde, however

I love the “locked-hands” approach on this, George would be very proud

Percussion is the Great “Glen Caruba”, I will tell him to play out of time on a special cut for your ears only next time :wink:
Vibes are me ‘Vienna Instruments’ (vi-best) samples
You need to turn me on to what locked hands approach is, haven’t heard of this. I’ve played a lot of latin stuff will google it to see what ur speaking of.
AH just looked it up and see its like George Shearing style…wow can’t believe I didn’t know that!!!

Awesome as usual.

Class A Kenny… Class A :sunglasses: the piano work is amazing! :smiley:

Cheers, Chris

I like it a lot. Very well played and loungy. Sometimes I hear vocal lines in my head. Did you ever consider writing words for this piece. Maybe you should.

Joe, if you are serious I’d love to speak w/you about that! I have been looking for help there…I will PM you I guess and we can see what happens.

Hello Kenny,

Didn’t dare to ask directly, but yes, I would like to give it a try.

Sometimes it takes some time. So, if you don’t mind waiting 4-6 weeks, please contact me.

Jos, Sent you my contact info as PM…this should be fun

Hello Kenny, e-mail sent to you. :slight_smile: Looking forward to our collab.