Paste selection error

Using an iPad Air 3, Cubasis 2.8.3, ios 13.3.1, after copying a selection of measures, when pasting to the same track, the pasted selection appears on another random track. Repeatable until force-quitting Cubasis. I’ve used Cubasis extensively for years and have never had this happen before. ?

Hi Musikeer,

Thank you for your message.
Did you check that the first track in the track list has been selected, before pasting the copied events?

Best,
Lars

Not sure what you mean, but I’m aware of how to cut and paste a selection. The destination track(s) is/are always selected when pasting to it/them.

I’m still experiencing random freezes and glitches with the iPad Air 3, using Cubasis 2.8.3; could all these anomalies be related to iOS 13?

Thanks for any help, Lars.

Hi musikeer,

Thank you for your message.

Copying/pasting events works perfect, when the first event is selected (unless you want to explicitly paste events to different tracks).
Regarding the freezes and glitches: Are you able to nail them down to specific events (e.g. did these appear when using specific 3rd party plug-ins).

Thanks
Lars

Paste has always worked with no problem at all; this must be a weird anomaly. Yes, the track is selected. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been using Cubasis for years and this is the first time that the paste function has misbehaved.

As far as when the freezes etc. occur… it’s difficult to pin down specific problem apps, but it ALWAYS occurs when connected to power, and when seemingly maxing out the iPad RAM with complex projects, i.e. many tracks/synths/efx.

Hi musikeer,

Thank you for the additional comment.

When maxing out the iPad RAM several issues might appear.
If you’re able to pinpoint the issue, please let me know about the steps.

Thanks
Lars