PC: 12.0.60 the forums quiet after the release , is that good news?

As per title , this is the quietest ive seen the forum after an update , is it really that good ?

None of the issues I was hoping to see resolved was addressed in this update so I haven’t bothered.
Perhaps there are others who feel the same? :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Exactly the reason im not bothering , nothings broken in my workflow , only the fact that 1/4 of every controller doesn’t work and it still looks like the MR programmers are still undeceive on how to tackle what they have already started , so we have most controllers with a endless encoder not working and a non support CMC QC due to the new MR breaking it .

Apart from that i think .52 will do until a major MR bug fix comes along

2 Likes

I’m about 75% done with the new album I’m producing. 12.0.50 works fine so I’d hate to disrupt that flow with a maintenance update that could potentially ruin that. Perhaps when the album is done, I might update to 12.0.60.

1 Like

I installed 12.0.60 yesterday and spent a whole day on a pretty intense Cubase project - no problems with the .60 update, in my case.

1 Like

That’s good to hear , did you do any windows updates before hand ? i tend not to update windows unless it’s a major release .
I think your setup is a general consensus as the forums very quiet

It’s never a good idea while you have active projects

Everything on my machine (Windows, BIOS, drivers, etc.) is always updated to the latest versions (more or less when they become available, unless I’m in the middle of a time-sensitive project and can’t take any chances).

I found that net-net, the gain in bug fixes, stability, and new functionality far outweighs the occasional bad release, in which case I can just roll back.

Already had a crash I should’ve taken a screen capture of the warning that came up but it did tell me to save my file because the crash was inevitable.
The next time it happens I will take a picture of the error

Better would be to upload the crash file that dialog was talking aboht.

It will be done I’ve been just very busy with my photography today

Cubase 12.0.60.453 64bit 2023.3.31 12.48.05.803.dmp (1.4 MB)

No issues here.

It is also possible that Windows wanted to do an update while I was in the middle of the project.

So far 12.0.60 is working OK-no issues this morning

Thank you for your ongoing help

Alan Russell

I was at a good moment to update, so went for it immediately. I set a restore point and I have a back up C: just in case.

Went back to work and have had no issues at all. Very busy vocal session today for example and the system never missed a beat.

I know there will be people with issues, some legit of course and quite a lot with problems caused by plugins and OS. Some by user error. But for me, 12 Pro has been one of the most stable releases ever. That honour used to be 8.5, but 12 is about to take that crown.

1 Like

So far so good, I have been playing with it, seems to be stable. some old bugs that I reported are still there, but overall, it seems to be stable.

No issues on Win 10 Pro here.

1 Like