Pci-express 2.0 x8 sata / sas 8-port performance?

Hello,

I have 9 ssd’s, 7 of which are being bottlenecked by SATA2 ports. Really don’t feel like upgrading my whole PC when my CPU is almost as good as current GEN. I plan on buying the following components in order to get full Reads and IOP potential, no plans for RAID:

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-IT-Mode-LSI-9211-8i-SAS-SATA-8-port-PCI-E-6Gb-s-Controller-Card-/252344098349?hash=item3ac0e15e2d:g:-w4AAOSwGYVXAyCn
2. ICY DOCK Full Metal 8 Bay 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD HotSwap Backplane Cage for 5.25 Drive Bay - ToughArmor MB998SP-B - Newegg.com
3. 3ware CBL-SFF8087OCF-05M 1 Unit of .5M Multi-lane Internal (SFF-8087) Serial ATA Breakout Cable - Newegg.com

My question is, will splitting drives up this way make the throughput worse, resulting in less voice count? Would it be better to just have a motherboard with all on board SATA 3 6gb ports?

SPECS

GA UD5 X79
Silencer Pro 1000W
R290 (soon to be 1070)

Thanks!

As long as you connect your drives to the PCIe bus with a Sata 3 interface card you’re fine. Some cards may present issues or not even work with your particular mb chipset. The only way to really find out is to just try it. If you get issues of any kind try another card with a different chipset.

This appears to be SATA 3, hope it works well. Anyone else like to chime in?

Yes it is Sata 3! Just build it into your system and try it? Make sure your drives show up in the bios and ultimately in windows. Test the performance of your drives with a tool like CrystalDiskMark - Crystal Dew World [en] before connecting to the PCIe card. And compare the benchmark results after you connected your drives to the card. If you get better results than before you know the transition was successful.