Pedal CC64 at the beginning of a loop activ although i don't press it

hi there!

i have a strange experience: i am recording lots of vst-instruments (from piano to violins and such) and everytime i try to record something new at the beginning of the loop, the pedal CC64 is active(?!?). i always have to press and unpress it at the beginning of the recording, because if i would not do that, cubase thinks that the pedal is pressed and the sounds don’t stop sounding…
please help, thank you very much!

Hi,

Do you control Cubase Record or Start/Stop by any hardware controller by any chance?

Check whether you have a pedal down but no pedal up at the end of the loop. If the last instruction is a pedal down, it will still be down at the start of the loop.

thank you for answering.

@martin.jirsak i control record and start/stop on my key pad.

@richardtownsed that could be the case. but when i record in another track than the one in which i used the pedal it normally should not be that the pedal is active, or am i mistaken there?

Hi,

How is your key pad set? Does it send MIDI CC or Notes? Is it Mackie Control or Generic Remote?

No, you’re correct.

as soon as i hit play or record, cubase thinks my pedal is active. as soon as i press pause/stop i can play normally meaning that cubase doesn’t think the pedal is on. that is weird, right?

@Martin.Jirsak i don’t know these terms… i have a normal ASDF-key-pad with num-pad (is it even called keypad? i’m not a native speaker). all normal here.

i’m starting to think this is a bug. where could i possibly send a pedal-active-signal when its 2 different tracks and in the second track there has been no recording yet…

Hi,

It’s definitely not a bug.

So you are not using MIDI controller to control Cubase, right? This is common computer keyboard, right?

What MIDI device (MIDI keyboard) do you have connected?

o, i just discovered that it’s only with the spitfire bbc orchestra!!! why is that though?

Hi,

Do you use any Expression Map/Articulation for this library?