Percussion Bass Clef

Dear all,

I would like to create a percussion clef that looks like a regular percussion clef but that works like a bass clef. Is that possible?

Greetings from Luzern!

Easiest way I can think of would be take the octave transposing bass clef (assuming you don’t need it, but do need a bass clef in the project), edit it in Engrave/Music Symbols/Clefs to be a percussion clef, and make sure Notation Options/Clefs has Ignore Octave Indicator selected. I just tried it and it seems to work fine.

1 Like

Sounds very promising! Thank you! I got to the Music Symbols / Clefs but I don’t see how I can make it look like a percussion clef…

The documentation for that dialog is here. If you need more specific help, please ask a more specific question.

Thank you! I managed to delete the default graphic of the clef that I want to edit but I cannot find any other graphics to substitute the default graphic. The “select existing” list is empty.

I’m sorry, now I understand that it’s not a graphic but a glyph SMuFL that I need. All sorted! :slight_smile: