Percussionmap Dialog improvement

In order to save annoyance and time when editing, a warning should appear in the percussion map dialog, as in the expression map dialog, when pressing (ESC) or (Cancel).
In addition: when selecting an instrument, the name should be assigned accordingly and the playing technique should be set to natural - I mean.
greeting
Bertram

I think you’re right that the percussion map Edit window has left room for improvement… As the team has built some very nice Edit windows, I suppose they already know how to ease the user experience. I found, just like you, that it was too easy to exit the operation I was trying to perform because esc or Enter would not work the way I could expect…
Some fields could be pre-filled or filled in a more convenient way, etc.
Maybe Dorico 4 will show some improvements there :crossed_fingers:

When I was creating a percussion map (Orchestra Tools LA Session) I wrote down in text form with which percussion instruments and with which technique variations I filled a corresponding drum set beforehand. Since all associated dialogues are modal, it is otherwise an annoying click / memory exercise. I did it. It works - but is actually not really practical and up-to-date.
greeting
Bertram

I agree we should provide a warning to prevent you from inadvertently losing the changes you’ve made in that session when you hit Esc. Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes