Perfect application!

A regional theater is premiering a new musical I wrote-opening next week. This week we’re in tech and predictably, some transitions between scenes and some underscoring has inevitably been changing.
I just want to say what a joy it is to be notating in Dorico. Each segue and underscore is in its own flow. We have a change to make and I can make the changes right there at the theater—make a PDF and print it out. Or, for those musicians with iPads just email them the pdf’s and they plug it in—all in the time it takes for the next light cue to be adjusted!

And with only a few more layout tweaks, it will be ready to publish.

Thank you Dorico team!

16 Likes

Thanks very much for taking the time to express your appreciation for Dorico, @lafin. It means a lot to us!

Hi Daniel, My diagnostic report was considered too big to post on the forum or in a private message, so I’m taking the liberty to write you privately.
I’m experiencing something that I haven’t experienced before.

I have a piano/vocal layout and a pit orchestra layout.
Several times I would attempt to play the p/v layout and it would play the pit layout. I have to switch layouts and return to stop the behavior.

Don’t know if this report will show anything.

(Attachment Dorico Diagnostics.zip is missing)

You can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please be sure to include all the information about what I should be looking at in your email. (I get a lot of email and it’s hard to keep track of everything I receive!)

Not sure why I can’t send to your email address.

I have a piano/vocal layout and a pit orchestra layout.
Several times I would attempt to play the p/v layout and it would play the pit layout. I have to switch layouts and return to stop the behavior.

Don’t know if this report will show anything. I’m sending it as a link.

Thank you,
Larrance Fingerhut (aka lafin)