Once again I experience that the performance of Cubase 9 gets worse and worse over time.
This is what happened:
Working on a song:
1: Addictive Drums
2: Scarbee Bass (Kontakt)
3: Cuban Perc (Kontakt)
4: SM Brass Tp
5: SM Brass Trb.
6: Alto Sax SM, SWAM version
7: Tenor Sax SM, SWAM version
8: Baritone Sax SM, SWAM version
9: Efimov Acc. Guitar
Have been playing happily with buffer 128, constrain delay compension ON.
I try to copy a section of the song with the selection tool, selecting the bit, hit Command C and Command V after moving the position to the new place. Something goes wrong, because it’s not copied - my fault, it isn’t possible in Cubase using that method - and suddenly I have the original section filled with copy parts beneath each other, and when I try to hit play Cubase goes down, the sound disappear and everything stops.
When I found out that there was a problem with the copies sitting beneath each other, I deleted that part of the song, disabled all track and turned them on again, but now I have really bad performance. Even when Cubase is stopped! The Real-Time peak meter around 50% and I have crackles and notes cut-off. I have tried to restart but it doesn’t help much.
I have experienced this before together with occasionally quits of Cubase, so I decided to reinstall my studio Mac 3 weeks ago. I finished today
It’s weird because it seems that Cubase deteriorates over time, so for every hour you work on a project the risk of having major problems increases.
Keeps looking back to Logic