Petaluma nordic characters problem

I’m based in Norway. We have the special characters æ, ø and å in our written language. Unfortunately, the Petaluma font in Dorico seems to have problems with them.

Any chance of getting this fixed?

On my Mac I have no trouble with Petaluma showing these characters although the œ is thinner.

I’m also on Mac. The æ does not have the right shape, and my screenshot is from the Print, Export to PDF view. Then it is misplaced like that. Can you try this also?

This is what it looks like in my print preview.

Jesper

On Windows 11, the Petaluma Script font is completely missing Æ and æ. These two letters are substituted with another font. Clearly an oversight. It would be a good idea to tag the thread with “issue” to let the developers know about the problem.

In print mode graphic export–on the screen the œ also is misaligned (lower). But the actual exported PDF is correct.

These characters are not included in Petaluma Script, so you’re seeing substituted characters from another font, chosen automatically by the Qt framework.

1 Like

Yes, but why are Æ and æ not included when Ä, ä, Ö, ö, Ø, ø, Å, and å are? After all, they are all Nordic characters.

Simply an oversight, I’m afraid.

Any chance of getting it added to the font?

Absolutely, in the fullness of time, but I can’t say for sure when we’ll be able to do it.

1 Like