PG: Is there going to be a Wavelab 7.2.1?

PG,

Lots of threads here highlighting some fairly nasty problems with WL 7.2 - a few which will have prevented me from moving forward (LAME bug for certain…possibly others).

Just wondering what will be done to remedy these and what sort of timeline is involved…?

VP

I agree, I have not even bothered to update after reading the crippling issues associated with plug-ins.

It’s too bad, because I was really hoping that this update would be the one that resolved issues.

I have faith it will get fixed, but something tells me, if these issues made it through quality control…then they are probably going to be even more thorough for the hot fix.

Yes, I agree too. To me, the issue with the plugins in unacceptable. Sure, maybe the 3rd party plugins aren’t coded 100% correct, but they seemed to work just fine in earlier versions of Wavelab 7 and pretty much every other host…I use Pro Tools and Logic on the same machine as WL7 on a daily basis and no issues there.

I think that a 7.2.1 update fixing this issue and a few others is extremely essential and I would like to think it would be available soon,

I do appreciate PG taking the time to implement so many of the suggestions from myself and other users on this forum, but some of these new issues make 7.2.1 nearly unusable…

Note that the main issues concern Windows (Lame and DX plugins), not Mac.
OSX users should not be afraid to update. Most plugins work OK on Mac (according to many OSX testers I have).

BTW, I was in touch with Izotope. They have found that the problem is on their side (their plugin make a false assumption specifically about WaveLab 7.2, which they have to correct).
If Izotope plugins are important to you, use WaveLab 7.1.1 until you get an Izotope update. I noted that some of their VST (not VST3) plugins don’t have the problem.

Correct, iZotope VST does work better, but i still get the problem with white windows that don’t like to close and always re-appear when I go back to Wavelab from another program, even when the plugin windows were closed. It’s really a lot of work to close or move these windows each time I switch back to Wavelab, especially when they don’t want to close or leave a big white square where they used to be. This happens with Waves, UAD and iZotope and I have all the current versions of the plugins. I haven’t had time to test any others. I’ve tried Waves in VST (rather than VST-3) and I still get the same issue with the windows not behaving correctly. UAD is only VST at the moment.

Do you suggest that I do a full reinstall of Wavelab to try and fix this problem? I’m not sure if it’s an issue with just my machine or if other people are experiencing the plugin window problem on Mac 10.7.2

Do you suggest that I do a full reinstall of Wavelab to try and fix this problem?

No.

I was told about the “blank window” issue a few times by certain testers, but just a very few times. I don’t know why this happens often on your system.

Ok, do you think it’s something that could be fixed? Or should I abandon Wavelab 7 if I need to use Waves, UAD and other 3rd party plugins?

I’m on a Mac Pro with 10.7.2, everything was ok in the last version of Wavelab 7.1

Do you still have that version on the website to download if I need to for now?

Ok, do you think it’s something that could be fixed? Or should I abandon Wavelab 7 if I need to use Waves, UAD and other 3rd party plugins?

I don’t know, but I won’t invite you not to use WaveLab :wink:
Many testers use Waves and UAD and don’t have this issue. I will still try to reproduce it here.
As a side note, this issue concern “Carbon” plugins, and all plugin manufacturers are currently switching to Cocoa (as their plugin can’t work with Carbon on 64 bit hosts).

Do you still have that version on the website to download if I need to for now?

Sorry, I don’t know, I don’t deal with this.

Well…I use windows exclusively and with LAME (exclusively) and several iZoTope plugins…so I guess I now have legit reasons to not move forward. Will there be a 7.2.1 coming?

VP

Only Mac OSX Izotope plugins have the problem.

Do you think it’s realistic for a fix for the white plugins (and how the plugins reappear when switching from other programs) within a week or two? Sorry to be a hassle, I just need to know if I should go back to 7.1 or just wait it out a little bit until there is a 7.2.1

That you know of. How about the LAME fix…that one is critical to me over here…

VP

There will be a fix. I can’t give you a date right now.

Thank you.

VP

As for the older versions:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/WaveLab_7

iZotope was kind enough to link me to a beta version of Ozone 5 that works as VST-3, it also doesn’t have the problem of reopening every time I switch back to the Audio Montage. Most other plugins do like Waves and UAD.
Do we need to contact all these plugin makers and tell them there is an issue with Wavelab? or is it something that can be fixed in Wavelab as far as the white GUI and reappearing problem goes?