Piano

Sounds like a new version around the corner :wink:

Pluses/Minuses of The Grand 3 as it stands now , compared with Alicia’s Keys, Ivory, Piano in Blue, etc.?

Hi,

I am trying to decide if The Grand 3 is worth buying at the discount price. But not much feedback from current users.

If there is a new version around the corner, I might wait.

Any Grand 3 users enjoying it, and would highly recommend it ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi Muziksculp, I have not had any experience with the Grand 3 but I do highly recommend purchasing a piano VST rather than using what comes with any version of Cubase.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. In the end I went with Native Instrument’s The Giant - Keys : The Giant | Komplete

Weirdly I think it has gone up in price since I purchased it. Anyhow I am very pleased with it because it sounds like I am playing a very decent piano :slight_smile:

Hi Incarnadline/Musiksculp,

Again, as someone else mentioned above, it depends what type of MUSIC you are playing. But I have The GRAND 3 and also the smaller version (think its just called The Grand). If it were possible up UPDATE from v3 to v5 then I would probably pay for this. btw - I never got a notification of such a release Fooloman?

I think there is a FREE 28 x days TRIAL (as there is with most Steinberg products) so you should try it out.

Here is a quickie I did with THE GRAND:

Not sure if CHICK himself would like this!? lol :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I just used my NORD STAGE CLASSIC keyboard on gigs for PIANO’s.

Best,

Paul

Fiddle around a little with the Yamaha S90 included in HALion Sonic SE in Cubase. It’s not bad with some reverb. It’s in Cubase Artist as well?

Confirmed in Artist.

Some PianoTeq 5 reviews. Sounds great (the reviews I mean).

http://musicplayers.com/reviews/keyboard/2015/0215_Pianoteq.php

Also: Where are people getting their “detuned”/“tack” pianos from? Found this one honky tonk one, VST Honky Tonk Piano , but with only 32 notes of polyphony, I wonder if it would be hard to pedal much.

Also, as great as it sounds for saloon piano, it’s a bit over the top for “detuned” piano, where it is slightly detuned, not overly so. I would like something that sounds like the Mrs. Mills piano at Abbey Road, CineSamples Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos sample library for Kontakt 5 - Audiofanzine , but it says it requires Kontact 5.3.1, which I don’t have and don’t want to fork out several hundred dollars for one piano sound that is important but niche.

Similarly there is this one, The Tack - The Tack Piano | Mrs. Mills inspired library for Kontakt | Wavesfactory , but it also requires Kontakt 4.3.2 or above.

(I assume all these don’t refer to the free Kontakt player … or it would say the word “Player” in the requirements … but never having used that I’m not sure ??

I don’t really understand the great reviews Pianoteq gets. To me it sounds very artificial.

I usedTruePianos for a couple of years, there is a free 40 day trial.

I dont use this one but the Ivory 2 is well respected, probably the market leader - shoudl be checked out

Hi all,

I’d just like to say thanks again for your suggestions here. Due to by budget at the time I went with The Giant by Native Instruments (Keys : The Giant | Komplete). It was slightly cheaper at the time, but for the price I am happy with it; it is certainly a vast improvement to what came with Cubase Artist 7.5.

+1 for Pianoteq… it really is worth consideration.

The Yammy ES90 too.

I’d like to revive this thread for a little bit. Out of all the piano libraries I’ve tried the best by far is Imperfect Samples’ Fazioli. I have not tried the new VSL Bösendorfer Imperial. Has anyone tried that? And does anyone know how that might compare with the Fazioli from IS? Thanks!