Pianoteq 6 and Synth1 do not work with VST Live

Hello there
Pianoteq 6 does not produce sound with VST LIve (1.1.20)
The midi light blinks and the Pianoteq plugin shows the pressed keys and shows audio signal coming out. The layers page shows the incoming midi, but no outcoming audio is signalled, no audio is signalled in the mixer either.
I guess the problem might be around the outs, but in the mixer they are properly set (M-Audio Air Hub, a simple stereo out)
Another problem that Synth1 (the latest 64bit version) causes an instant freeze.
Freezees are quite common anyway on a Surface Pro 6. Even worst that the built in Steinberg plugins do not scale to the resolution.

Needless to say that all the above mentioned things work fine in Cubase Elements 11 and in AKAI VIP 3.1.1…

Hi @leroi1973

have you tried HALion Sonic SE in your configuration? That is working? You are running Pianoteq 6 as a VST2 Plug-In? Is version 6 downloadable as a trial? If not we need to contact the manufacturer.

… we’ll have a test.

… which Windows Display scaling are you running? Which plugin does not scale?

Thank you,
Michael.

“have you tried HALion Sonic SE in your configuration? That is working? You are running Pianoteq 6 as a VST2 Plug-In? Is version 6 downloadable as a trial? If not we need to contact the manufacturer.”

All the other plugins work, including Halion Sonic.
Fun fact: When in VST LIve I load the AKAI VIP 3.1.1 VST (as a wrapper) and I load the Pianoteq 6 inside the AKAI VIP, everything works as it should…
I have no idea about the trial download, I believe there is no trial, as Pianoteq has progressed to version 8 already AFAIK.
I use the VST2 version of Pianoteq 6.

“… which Windows Display scaling are you running? Which plugin does not scale?”

200% on a 2736x1824 resolution, VST Amp rack was the culprit, but for today it has recovered miraculously. Now all plugins work as they should, so the scaling problem has solved itself.

Checked Pianoteq 7 and it appears to have a unique channel setting that VST Live didn’t yet support. Pls. try again with the next version, it works here now.

Yes, Pianoteq 8 Trial works. Is update cost reimbursed? :slight_smile:

I was refering to the next version of VST Live, for pianoteq you have to refer to its vendor :slight_smile: