Picture in CD using Meta Data?

I had insert a picture on Meta-Data to burn it to CD, but it didn’t appear on my car…
But when rendering it for mp3 it appears…

So, what I miss?

There is no way for audio CD-R or replicated CDs to support artwork directly. mp3 files can contain artwork in their metadata.

Weird… Why I’ve some CD’s that I put on my car and the pics shows on it?

When the album art appears, are they standard audio CDs or are they data CDs with tagged mp3s? Is your car somehow connected to the Internet?

It’s standard audio CD… My car could have internet. But I didn’t connected it yet…

As far as I know, the only way for a CD player (or software like iTunes) to recognize album artwork is when the player can access either the Gracenote or All Music database to match the audio CD info to metadata stored in the database.

Maybe PG or somebody else can weigh in on if there is a new (or new to me) way of embedding album art directly onto an audio CD that players can read.

As for Wavelab doing it, I doubt that it’s possible at this time.

The CD-Audio red book standard does not allow for anything else but a continuous stream of audio on the disk, apart from (sub)indexes in this stream. Ofcourse the first thing written (and read) is the TOC, where indexes are defined. So if a player recognizes which artist, songs and artwork belong to a CD, it must be taken from a separate database outside of the disk.

Perhaps the car stereo is pre-loaded with a database of popular album art to appear when the CD is inserted, cars are getting very high tech and fancy these days.

Perhaps you haven’t specifically connected over the internet directly but perhaps it made connection anyway over your phone, if that is enabled, or perhaps it made a connection itself over an open hotspot.

I’m gonna try again and post here the results…

You can post away, but a Red Book PMCD doesn’t contain (and cannot) images. A CD+ or E-CD otoh CAN carry picture, but there is no standardized way for players or devices to recognize and use them this way. Typically if you see an image it came from the internet. Today’s cars connect to the internet not only directly, but also via your phone etc, so there are many ways for that to work. Also DVD’s may do all kinds of funky things…

My car has the Gracenote…

It goes to the web sometimes…
So the answer is that… :wink: