"Pitch spectrum" ?

Hello Daniel,

I would like to know if Dorico will support a function like the “pitch spectrum” available in Sibelius v. 5.2 which allows to assign different colors to notes according to their pitch.

Congratulations for all the efforts to realize such complex piece of software.

Best regards.
Eric

No, at the moment we have no plans for any kind of feature that would automatically colour notes according to their pitch. However, you can colour individual noteheads manually in Dorico, so it’s possible that it could be done by way of a plug-in in due course.

Thank you Daniel for your quick answer.

Do you mean that Dorico has its own plug-in programming language like ManuScript is for Sibelius ?

If so, is there a place where I can get its specifications ?

Thanks again for your support.
Eric

Hi Eric - if you are interested in scripting plugins for Dorico, you’ll probably want to take a closer look at the Lua programming language. Lua 5.1 Reference Manual - contents

See this thread : Plugins? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Hello Daniel,

Is it possible to add colors to the noteheads via the “Edit Notehead Sets” windows ?

My idea would be to use a modified “Pitch Name Noteheads” set by assigning a color to each notehead instead of a pitch name.

Best regards.
Eric

Yes, as of Dorico 3.5.10 this is possible. You can change the colour of the notehead glyph in the Edit Notehead Type editor.

Hello Daniel,

Great news !
I was waiting for this for years…

Thank you so much to you and your team for giving us access to this functionality.

I have purchased the update to Dorico 3.5 few minutes ago.

Best regards.
Eric