Pitchbend dots not snapping to grid in editor.

Hi all,

Longtime Cubase user here. I recently upgraded to Cubase 9 and still when I turn on ‘‘snap onto grid’’ and draw a line of MIDI automation (most often pitchbend automation) the last dot or point of MIDI data is NEVER snapped on the grid…it is always several ms before the end point of where I am drawing the line to. The starting point of the line is quantised/locked on the grid, however…just not the last dot/point. Again, this applies to all MIDI data I draw in the editor.

I recently tried getting pitchbend automation into the regular project edit window as a regular MIDI cc lane and could not. I use mainly hardware and play/record my pitchbend performances manually. It would be nice to be able to extract the MIDI pitchbend info into the project edit window on a MIDI cc lane.

So, my question is twofold:

1. Is there a way to truly get Cubase to snap your MIDI points to the grid in the editor window in an intelligent manner?

2. Can I extract the pitchbend information from a performance and get that to show up on a regular MIDI cc lane in the project window? Again, I use mostly hardware so ‘‘auto-learning’’ the pitchbend knob in a VST and applying that to a MIDI cc lane is not what I am after here.

I would be grateful for any ideas, tips or replies!

Thank you!