Place chord symbols differently for different instruments

Hi all
I’ve got a piece I’ve composed with rhythmic pushes for some instruments, which means the chord symbols are appearing on the last quaver beat of the bar. I want to show this for some instruments whereas for others, I need the chord symbols to be placed at the beginning of the bar rather than the last quaver beat, because it makes it simpler for soloing over the chord changes.
Is it possible to move the chords in some parts without affecting others?
Thanks in advance
W

If you have pro, your best bet is to switch to engrave mode and move them manually.

@dan_kreider sorry I should have mentioned. I have Elements.
thanks for the quick response.
W

Unfortunately this is exactly the sort of scenario that the pro version is intended to address. I believe your only option would be to input symbols at both rhythmic locations, then hide the unnecessary ones as needed in each layout.

thanks @dan_kreider
I’ve tried moving them in Engrave Mode in Elements and it’s working. The chord symbol positions are unchanged in the score but have moved in the parts, and that’s good enough for me.
thanks again for your help.
W

1 Like

Ah, great. I had forgotten that they added graphic editing to Elements.

1 Like

Make sure you have the “global/local” setting set correctly in the upper right part of the properties panel. With “global” set, the settings should apply to all layouts.

1 Like

@klafkid thank you - I’ll try that next time!
W