Plans for mixer coloring?

Yes! Full fader color. With an opaque slider. Arranger view has this preference. If they added it to the mixer view, that would be killer. Just the option.

However, now that you mention cap, that might be a cool feature as well.

Post a mock-up of what you mean.

Makes sense to me. > :slight_smile: >
I think he’s saying that he likes how the track colours get added to the mixer so they’re the same but just a small touch at the bottom…this is what I’m saying works for me and I think most.

I liked his description of adding more colour ending up looking like his old MySpace page…did you see his MySpace page? No, me neither but I know exactly what he means.

I’m not actually sure what you’re asking for as I thought you were referring to something outside of Cubase for comparison > I think > and I no nothing outside of Cubase.

Always interested in new suggestions that might improve the workflow nevertheless…though I quite like the mixer as it is.

As I’m sure you know, on a real mixing desk, all the faders and fader caps are usually the same color, or, at best, you have colored caps for channels and perhaps, a difference color for the Matrix Faders – on mixers that have a matrix section. In some old desks with small (input fader) and large faders (output faders), the caps were different colors.

In Cubase, the Caps can be colored according to the user’s preferences. Tracks, parts, channels can also be colored according to need/taste.

Now, having colored fader caps and the entire channel colored with something else sounds like visual frenzy to me (“my space” or “ransom note”).

Also, what’s “arranger view?” Cubase has no such animal.

I would be happy if every other mixer channel was slightly lighter in color.
You know like a spreadsheet, where columns are easier to separate with shifting background .
As long as it does not mess up how we distinguish a selected track from the others :slight_smile:

+1 (as in option and not an unchangeable default) :slight_smile: