Playback / Crashing Problem

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum and new to Dorico - still learning and trying to stop using all the shortcuts I’ve learnt over the last 10+ years with Sibelius!! :laughing:

I’ve got a problem in that I am opening up a project that I have been putting together and when it loads the PLAY button in the top bar is blanked out.

I have tried a few things…

1/ press on the Transport bar and opens up the separate window, I press play and it crashes.
2/ open up the Play tab, still the play button is blanked out. Try to change the VST Instruments to Dorico Bleep, crashes

In addition to this the HALion Sonic SE and Symphonic Orchestra sounds in the VST Instruments don’t seem to be doing anything when it has been working.

I have tried restarting my MacBook Pro, same problems.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

Please open Dorico and choose from the main menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That creates a zip file on your desktop, please attach it here.
Also, it would be nice to get hands on that particular project file. If you don’t like to post it here publicly, you could send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Full confidentiality guaranteed.
Thanks

Also please install the latest eLicenser from https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html as this fixes some known issues on mac.