Playback delay after inserting MIDI - piano roll

If you draw, adjust length, or move a MIDI note inside of the piano roll during playback, Cubase won’t recognize it during play back unless it’s about a second away from hitting the MIDI note. This makes editing MIDI on the fly during playback tedious. I’ll either have to wait for the loop to restart, or move the playback indicator a bar back or so , immediately after inserting, adjusting, or moving the MIDI note so that I can actually hear it play back.

Hi there,
I’m also facing this issue.
I’m experiencing this with 32ms buffer on an M1 Macbook Pro with UAD Apollo Twin X and “Low” Midi Latency settings.

Have you somehow figured out a solution?
Thanks in advance!

I have noticed the same. It seems Cubase’s MIDI playback buffer is way too long, and as you said, makes editing tedious when you can’t just rewind the play head to just before a Note On event. Instead I have to stop and restart playback.

This is controlled by the MIDI Latency Mode in Preferences > MIDI. This setting also affects how long Cubase takes to respond to you pressing the Start/Play button. The Low setting is as low as it goes.

It’s recommended to leave this setting on Normal unless this delay is getting in the way.