Playback is horribly distorted! - Cubase 7

Hi,

I recently purchased a AudioBox iTwo from PreSonus, and when I am trying to use it together with Cubase 7, any sound gets extremely distorted, to the point where it’s impossible to make out what the original sound is. This does not happen when using the AudioBox iTwo outside of Cubase, for playback from Spotify or Youtube for example.

I have installed the latest version of Universal Control, the driver for my AudioBox (as well as done a completely reinstall several times, together with trying legacy versions).
I have tried to change the buffer rate, as well as made sure the sample rate is the same in Cubase as in Universal Control (tried both 44.1kHz and 48kHz).
I have also made sure to use it with the same USB port that it was connected to once I installed Universal Control, as I’ve read that this is a must. I did also try to use it on other ports, without any success.

And yet this extreme distortion is there… I have no idea what else I can try.
What could be the problem?

I’d be incredibly thankful for any assistance as a deadline is closing in!

Tough one with the info provided.
Here are a couple of questions and thoughts for you…

• Please describe the distortion and what you are trying to play from Cubase a bit more.
  • Does you computer meet the technical requirements for the iTwo?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Have you downloaded/installed the correct driver for your O/S?
    - Is the iTwo’s “Direct Monitoring Mix Control” set all the way to the “Playback” position when using Cubase?
  • Is the iTwo connected to a USB2 port (not USB3)?
  • Is it a “Powered” USB port (not a USB hub running from a computer USB port)?
  • Do you have some kind of effect activated in the UC mixer (like a reverb or similar)?
  • Is the "Presonus Audiobox iTwo (not the iOne) properly assigned in the Cubase VST Audio System menu?
  • Are the iTwo’s buses assigned correctly in the Cubase VST Connections menu?
  • Do you have any “effects” enabled in Cubase that might be distorting sound?

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi, I have the same problem as Gerterface. I have a MacBookPro with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Cubase version 7.0.0 Build 2070 (32 bit)
The Presonus audiobox iTwo works fine with f.ex presonus studio3 and capture
Any news on this tread ?

BR - kartni