Playback issues Dorico 2.2.10/NP3.2

Hi ,
I am currently working on a pianomusic album with 17 flows .
After starting a new flow ,inputting music ,Dorico constantly freezes when I hit p for play …
Always have to restart my Imac Pro /OS 10.13.6 before playback is available .

Any ideas what to do ?

best ,
HJB

Dorico 2.2.10/Imac Pro /OS 10.13.6/ Apollo x8p TB3 interface

Have you perhaps got any malformed repeat structures in any of your flows, e.g. end repeat barlines without properly matched start repeat barlines? Try switching off ‘Play repeats’ in the Playback Options dialog to see whether or not the project then plays back without any other issues.

I discovered that importing an XML file containing a repeated measure drove me crazy until I deleted all the repeat signs and reconstituted them. The problems was that after repeating the vamp, the music unexpectedly skipped back to measure one. Apparently the XML file (from Finale) created overlapping repeats (particularly in grand-staff style instruments) with a combined repeat but also individual repeats on the separate staves. This seems similar to the extra time signatures added by XML imports on occasion.

I don’t know that this is something Dorico is responsible for handling, but certainly this is another thing worth knowing for those who import via XML.

Hi gain ,
Audio engine problem is repeating …
Any experiences with UA Apollo x8p and Dorico ?
Playback is often not available ,even the playhead isnt moving .
I dont use any repeat structures .
The problem also occurs more often after I worked in Logic X and then starting Dorico …
Should I better update MAC OS to Mojave ?

best regards ,
HJB
www.h-j-b.net

When the problem happens, please choose from the main menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report.
That creates a zip file on you desktop, please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.
And if possible also include your Dorico project, that could also help greatly.
We guarantee full confidentiality.