Playback problem: Cubase LE5 w/ Tascam US-800

New Tascam US-800 that came with Cubase LE5:
I’m thinking it’s my computer but maybe someone else has had the same problem…Had no problem with Cubase install and tascam driver install (downloaded latest version). I can record, though it is choppy when I can get it to playback. If I could just get it to playback consistently hopefully I could work through that problem.
I believe I have the VST and buss configurations correct; I can monitor via the headphone and/or the line out outputs on the US-800 while recording…during recording and playback I have meter movement showing the audio is there…all pc audio is being routed through the US-800 w/ no problem (well, that is until I try to playback the recorded track).
After recording a track, I can only get playback for a few seconds. The closer it gets to 6 or 7 seconds the worse the audio sounds, then suddenly just goes away completely to only a buzzing sound through the headphones. The noise/buzzing won’t go away until I close Cubase. Likewise I can get no more audio output sounds from the pc at that point until I reboot. Once I reboot I can repeat the same scenario.
I have a 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 processor w/ 1 Gig of RAM. …not enough?
Any advice greatly appreciated, Thanks.

neverdone: If I understand your question right and you have the right drivers , you might try
adjusting your Latency. click here
http://home.comcast.net/~halljack505/pwpimages/Control%20panel%201.PNG

1. Devices
  2. Device Setup
  3. control panel
  4. Audio Performance

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ps: I learned a technique in these forums about Latency----
for Recording tracks Low Latency, for Mixing Tracks
High Latency. Works for me. :wink:

Also 1 gig is a little Small

Yes, I did try changing the latency but thanks for the suggestion anyhow.
I installed on a newer pc over the weekend and it’s been working pretty well. The original pc met the “minimum requirements” but evidently it still wasn’t enough.
It mentions in the setup guide that those “minimum requirements” may still not be enough, but you don’t find that out until after you get into the setup guide.
Perhaps they should increase those “minimum requirements” at the point of purchase.