playback problems?

I have cubase 6 artist and I have a problem when I either playstuff back through cubase or an exported wav anything I’ve panned hard right doesn’t come out and anything abit right come out softly! I’ve really noticed this when listening to mp3’s of this on my phone! :frowning: any ideas? the master fader is in the centre?
cheers
Sam

Configure your soundcard and Cubase busses correctly.

sorry for being thick but how do I do that?
cheers
Sam

Your soundcard settings - depends on your soundcard…
Cubase is explained in the manual setting up your system…

ahh ok I have a lexicon omega soundcard! :slight_smile:
cheers!
Sam

ok so bizarrly all my guitar tracks pan ok its only my vocals?? i’ve unistalled cubase and the reinstalled but nothing?? then I downloaded the update and still the same prob any ideas? is it my p.c itself?

What type of input bus are you using, mono or stereo?
What type of track are you recording to?

I’m going AKG 120 perception,into lexicon omega soundcard(+48v) then into my p.c via USB my imput on my lead vox channel is stereo and my output is to the group channel(lead vox) and that in turn has a stereo output :slight_smile:
hope that is detailed enough?
Sam
:slight_smile:

For a single mic input you want a MONO input bus.

mmm its only letting me choose stereo?? an ideas?
cheers
Sam

create a mono channel and select the correct input.

Quick Start Guide p.29 - Setting up the VST connections

Some of the other pages contain very useful information as well :wink: .

Fortunately there are enough people in here who quote them again and again, so no real need to look them up yourself…

thanks I went for a long walk today listening to my mixes and that was what came to me to! I should have mentioned that if I pan the vocal to the right you only hear a faint echo of the voice but as you move it across to the left it comes in as a clear as a bell! :frowning: so I’m gonna try that now and see what happens!! :
cheers guys! :slight_smile:
Sam
:smiley:

ahh so just creating a new mono channel did it! :slight_smile:
thanx guys! can you keep this thread incase anyone else has the same probs as me?
cheers!
Sam
:smiley:

Glad you got it sorted! This thread won’t go anywhere, so others with a similar problem can hopefully stumble across it and learn from your mistake. :sunglasses:

yep! thus saying time and effort! :-p