Playback tempi

Hi,
Is it possible to adjust the playback tempo of an Audio file imported into Cubasis 3?
If yes, how does one do that?
Can the tempo be adjusted without changing the pitch/key of the file?
Thanks!

Hi Stephan_Grasmuck,

Is it possible to adjust the playback tempo of an Audio file imported into Cubasis 3?
Can the tempo be adjusted without changing the pitch/key of the file?

Cubasis supports real-time time-stretch and pitch-shift, which can be set and used individually per audio event.

These are the steps:

• Double tap an audio event in the Arrange Window to open it in the Audio Editor
  • In the Audio Editor: Tap the BPM button (located top right), enter the correct tempo and close the Editor
  • In the Arrange Window: Make sure the event is selected, tap the “Stretch” button to enable Time-Stretch
  • Choose “Auto” to make the audio event automatically follow the song tempo
  • Choose “Manual” to make your individual settings
  • Tap the “Transpose” button, if you want to change the pitch/key of the selected event

Please note that the included Cubasis factory drum loops already contain the correct bpm information. See how easy it is to to use time-stretch in our dedicated Getting started with Cubasis 3 tutorial.

Time-stretch and pitch-shift both have made it into the app quite a while ago.
To learn more about time-stretch and pitch-shift please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis 2 tutorial.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you, Lars!!

Stephan Grasmuck >~iii~<()

Hi Stephan_Grasmuck,

Thank you, Lars!!

Sure thing, hope it’s helpful… :slight_smile:

Best,
Lars

Hi again, Lars,
I’m having no luck with this. None at all.

I tried.

I thought I understood which view is the Arrange Window and which is the Audio Editor. Clearly, I don’t understand what each is.

I looked at the manual. No help. I looked at the videos. No help.

Can you assist, please? Is there a picture that shows what each window is supposed to look like? I’m very frustrated at the moment.

With thanks, once again.
Stephan

Hi Stephan_Grasmuck,

I thought I understood which view is the Arrange Window and which is the Audio Editor. Clearly, I don’t understand what each is.

Below please find a step by step description, which describes the whole time-stretch procedure again.

In addition, here you can download a short clip which shows the steps in Cubasis: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free (download link expires in 1 week).

• Launch Cubasis
  • Go to MEDIA/Projects/Templates" and double tap on “New Project”
  • Go to MEDIA/Audio/Drum Loops" and double tap on “100 DrumDirt 02”
  • In the Arrange Window: double tap the “100 Drum Dirt 02” audio event, to open it in the “Audio Editor”
  • In the Audio Editor: have a look at the BPM display located top right, which reads “100.0 BPM”, close the editor afterwards via tapping the “X” icon*
  • Make sure the “100 Drum Dirt 02” audio event is selected in the “Arrange Window”
  • Tap “STRETCH” and “AUTO” to make the audio event follow the tempo of your project

*The factory loops which come with Cubasis already contain the correct tempo information, which is required to make use of time stretch. When importing/using your own audio loops, add the correct tempo yourself via tapping on the BPM button and entering the correct tempo.

Please let me know if this helps!

P.S.: In addition, I suggest to check out our Getting started with Cubasis clip, where Dom easily guides you how to create a full track within Cubasis.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks for your patience with this, Lars. I very much appreciate your help!
I’ll try this process for sure.
Thanks again!
Stephan

Hi Stephan_Grasmuck,

Thanks for your patience with this, Lars. I very much appreciate your help!
I’ll try this process for sure.

Hope the step procedure and video clip example are of help for you.

Alongside, don’t miss to check out our Getting started clip, which helps big time getting familiar with Cubasis in no time!

Stay safe
& enjoy making music!

Lars