Apparently applying some non-factory Playback Templates will change Font Styles/Default Text Font to Academico 10pt. As I can’t find any font settings in the Playback Template dialog box, this is quite unexpected.
- Download and install a third-party Playback Template (not NotePerformer). I’ve tested the Spitfire BBC SO Core template as well as all the VSL SYzd Special Edition templates and this seems reproducible with all of them for me on 3.5.1 and Windows 10.
- File/New from Template/pick anything
- Change Font Styles/Default Text Font to anything other than Academico, change the size to anything other than 10pt.
- In Play/Playback Template select one of the third-party templates (BBC SO, VSL, etc.) other than NotePerformer. It must be different from the currently active Playback Template too. Hit “Apply and Close.”
- Go back and check Font Styles/Default Text Font. Whatever you previously selected has now been changed to Academico 10pt.
I was trying a few different VST libraries for a mockup for a client, and almost sent him a PDF with the wrong fonts when I discovered this, ugh! Playback Templates should not have any effect on fonts, should they? Can anyone else confirm this?