Player with multiple instruments issue

I created a Flute player, and added a piccolo part to that flute player…

The opening is played on the piccolo. I notated the part, and in engrave mode, or in page view, I get an incorrect rhythm.

There is a whole rest with the correct rhythm of notes. But not the appropriate half rest and eighth rest.

Robby

I’d need to see the project file to be able to diagnose what’s going on there. The instrument change itself should have happened at the end of the previous bar of music played by the flute, in which case you should get the correct rests for the piccolo at the point at which it starts playing.

I guess that’s where the problem lies…

The piccolo is the first part to be played after about 40 measures of rest.

When I tried placing the piccolo part on top (first instrument piccolo, then second instrument flute) it fixed the issue. But since rehearsal marks were already added to the score, in galley view the rehearsal marks were drawn above the flute stave (the 2nd stave now), and I could not click to select them.

Robby

I expect the problem with rehearsal marks appearing on the wrong staff will be some kind of invalidation problem that would go away when you close and reopen the project. If not, please attach the project here and we’ll take a look.

I’ll reattempt upon my return home. One way or another, I’ll let you know.

Robby