Playhead cursor disappears (randomly?)

I don’t think it is a bug…
more important to me is that playback is not affected in this case

of course I have disabled window animations :wink:

It also happens without playback. It also seems weird to me that the whole window (lots of pixels to calculate) is redrawn perfectly, while the cursor (a tiny amount of pixels) is not. But i agree that continuous playback is propably the most important thing in a DAW.

Guess which setting i changed a few seconds ago :wink:

1 Like

Well, it’s not random here, there’s a working repro for this, and it’s not totally disappearing. It just gets very thin, so you can barely see it.
For some reason, this doesn’t happen in every project, and I couldn’t (yet) understand what triggers it in some projects and not the others. Anyhow, here’s how you can trigger it, and more importantly, how to revert it to normal appearance when it occurs.

I hope it helps to ease your workflow while it’s not a permanent fix, but does fixes the issue every time it happens, plus, you can now understand what it is you’re doing that makes it surface.

did anyone find out the cure to this bug. my cursor disappears frequently when i am in record mode. i have a mac mini. mojave 10.14.6. 32 gig memory. nuendo 10