Playing back Dolby Atmos from Nuendo 11 - where is the (or my brain) gap?

This is an example of a 7.1.4 workflow.

1: Create a 7.1.4 output bus
2: Create a group with 7.1.4 in & route that to the output bus.
3: Place the Atmos Renderer plugin on an insert for the 7.1.4 group you just created.
4: Create a group with a 7.1.2 input and route it to the 7.1.4 group. This group will now be available as your “bed track” source under the “adm renderer settings” in the project menu.
5: Create a group with a mono input and route it to the 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 bus last created. This can be now panned as desired and sent to LFE from the multi-panned.
6: Route the output of your source audio track or VSTi to the mono to 7.1.2 group. This will fold a stereo source now to mono for more localized panning.

With this setup you should be good to go and you can also choose to create an object if desired from the mono to 7.1.2 group. Keep in mind that you can not send to LFE from an object however but as you can see there are ways around this if necessary.

One other thing I have found… when playing with divergence on an object across LCR, even if nothing is sent to the ceiling, it seems to bleed into the TFL channel slightly. This only is happening when being fed through the Atmos Renderer plugin. So my belief is that this is some type of bug that needs to be reconciled yet.

I hope this proves helpful and all the best ahead!

4 Likes