Playing MIDI whilst Channel Settings....

Hi,

Just spending my first full day working with 6.5 and got a couple of questions:-

1. Whilst playing a VSTi from my master keyboard I click on the corresponding VTSi Channel Setting to adjust EQ and FX sends, but the VTSi then becomes unselected on the arrange window and I can’t play it and adjust at the same time. Is there a preference that allows me to play the VSTi from my keyboard whilst having the Channel Settings window open???

2. Is there a preference that allows Halion SE to stay open in the background instead of me having to close it each time I want to view the arrangement window?

These are both probably really simple to adjust, but I can’t find a preference setting anywhere.

Any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

At least for your first question there definitely is a preference. Second option is to set the input monitoring so it doesn´t switch to the selected track.

I think it is Preferences>Project and Mixer>“Select Channel on Edit Settings”.
Yet another option (because when you… or in this case, an automatic Cubase Preference… selects a different track, the original MIDI track comes out of Record Enable). But, just to the right of the Record Enable button, is the Monitor Enable button (which doesn’t switch off when you change tracks).

[/quote]
I think it is Preferences>Project and Mixer>“Select Channel on Edit Settings”.[/quote]

That’s done it…many thanks :smiley: