Playing technique not available in Expression Map editor

I am hooking up the Thunder Effect for my Cinesamples CineHarp expression map, and for some reason, the playing technique does not appear as an option in the Playing Technique Combinations chooser. I created a Thunder Effect playing technique to bind the notation to a technique as the default was for the natural sound. My Thunder Effect playing technique looks like the p.d.l.t technique in terms of what is set and what is not, but it appears in the chooser while my Thunder Effect does not. Is there another step I am missing to expose a new Playing Technique to the Expression Map editor? I have saved and restarted Dorico without effect.

Yes, the step you’re missing is that you also need to assign a playback technique to your new playing technique. You do that in the Engrave > Playing Techniques dialog by setting the Playback technique value for your new playing technique. Then you can assign that playback technique in your expression map.

Daniel - Perhaps I still don’t understand but I believe I have done what you suggest.

Is it possible you renamed one of the existing playback techniques rather than creating a new one? If you want to attach your project here I should be able to figure it out.

That would be great Daniel. Here’s a link to it on my Google drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NYQZVPf33soAq6ZkhXw1xi2Q-hEcrz8y/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately I can’t access that file. Perhaps you can zip it up and attach it here, assuming it’s less than 2MB zipped up. If it’s too big to attach, feel free to send it to me via email at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please be sure to include a link to this thread in your email so that I know what I’m supposed to be thinking about.