Playing techniques moving and colissioning after being assigned [Dorico 3.1.10]

Dear community,

I have been experiencing a strange behavior in Dorico 3.1. I have several playing techniques assigned to a note and stacked in a column. Then, when I input more music or if I close and open the software, those techniques move and collide with each other. I notice that this do not happen consistently, since there are spots where these techniques remain in the place where I manually put them.

The curious thing is that, if I move them again a bit, they return to the position where I set them on the very first instance.

Here a short example: - YouTube

I am using a Macbook Pro retina early 2015, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 with MacOS Mojave.

Apologies if the topic was already discussed, but I couldn’t find anything similar in the forums.

Thank you very much in advance.

The video appears to be private. Could you make it public so we can see it, please?

Sorry, yes. Now it should be public.

Thanks for the rapid reply!

Playing Techniques (and various other items) have an engrave mode property called “Tucking Index”. The object with Tucking Index value of 0 goes closest to the note - automatically - and the object with Tucking Index value of 1 goes outside the object with Tucking Index of 0. And then an object with a Tucking Index value of 2 goes further away from the note.

I’m not explaining this terribly well, but my point is that there’s functionality for automatically stacking objects in a particular order. I’m not sure if there’s a bug here (or even if there’s a bug that’s been fixed in a more recent version of Dorico), but do try using the Tucking Index - it might improve matters.

Thanks, Pianoleo! I will check if “tracking index” sorts things out and get back to you