Please add "Release" control to HSO

Hi,
If the Steinberg Team are reading this, can you please add a release knob to HSO instruments so that the notes don’t have to end so abruptly.

This is the only sampler/synth I have ever come across that doesn’t have release control.
How are we supposed to make smooth floating strings without a release knob?

They aren’t adding anything to HSO. You have to do your best to get what you want out of it.

Well actually we added quite a lot for existing HSO owners which upgraded to Cubase 6, take a look here under “HALION SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA VST SOUND INSTRUMENT SET”:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase6_new_features.html

The HSO VST Sound Instrument Set includes a release parameter as well.

Best regards,
Helge

I presume the revamped ui (if indeed it is that) is not included anywhere with the purchase of cubase 6 artist and HSO.
Thats a blow :neutral_face:

When can we expect to see a re-done UI for HSO. The current one is over 5 years old… and is rather shoddy, to put it mildly. (Coming from the mouth of a 17 year old student who has just invested quite heavily in this because it’s just something I enjoy doing. But the enjoyability of the whole this dies a bit once it takes >5 hours to get it working. And I still havn’t even got it working properly yet).

Edit: Now works! Whew