I have the problem of Re-Conforming a film project.
- The Audio was imported from an AAF file from Davinci Resolve
- Resolve adds prefixes and postfixes to the source filenames
- I have all the audio source material in a separate folder
- The editor has made a bunch of changes to the project after I was done with the dialogue editing
- (The editor does NOT know what he is doing. It’s a students project)
- I have used the Re-Conform dialog and Nuendo has brought me maybe 70% on my way
- There are audio files missing where the editor inserted new takes
This is one of my first film sound projects and it has already gotten way more complicated than it should have been. I would really appreciate help to get this done… The main problem right now is to insert the missing audio files at the right position with correct IN and OUT points. There are many Non-Dialogue pictures that aren’t synced that quickly.
The EDL File looks like this:
067 AX V C 00:42:13:17 00:42:27:17 01:04:13:13 01:04:27:13 * FROM CLIP NAME: A017C002_191104_R5G0.mov 068 AX A C 00:42:13:17 00:42:27:17 01:04:13:13 01:04:27:13 * FROM CLIP NAME: 3-1-T002.WAV 069 AX A8 C 00:00:00:00 00:00:02:22 01:04:24:15 01:04:27:13 M2 AX 021.6 00:00:00:00 * FROM CLIP NAME: RoundMidnight.mp3 070 AX V C 10:04:20:11 10:04:25:04 01:04:27:13 01:04:32:06 M2 AX 019.9 10:04:20:11 * FROM CLIP NAME: A006C020_191101_R5G0.mov 071 AX A C 10:04:20:11 10:04:25:04 01:04:27:13 01:04:32:06 M2 AX 019.9 10:04:20:11 * FROM CLIP NAME: 5-1-T011.WAV
The Names of the Re-Conform Markers in Nuendo aren’t very helpful. (Probably because of Davinci’s EDL)
My first question would be if there is a way to insert an audio clip through IN and OUT points of the source material. Like in a video NLE.
Then I could skip through the INSERT markers, look up the missing audio file in the EDL and insert it. The problem right now is that when I insert the audio clips, I find no way in Nuendo to cut it according to it’s own source timecode.
I really hope I gave enough information and made the problem clearly visible.