Please consider my thoughts about improvement of Dorico.
- A lot of very good elements from Cubase should take place in Dorico also. I do not have on my mind co-working with Kontakt, Play64 or VIPro. I discuss in details what is on my mind below
- starting template - much often is 4/4 with few bars (in real life) than that what is in Dorico. And this example I would like for default.
- colour edition just like in Cubase.
- transport panel just like in Cubase (with tempo mark)
-importing midi files - Dorico should now what is the approx register and show in the correct clef (at least soprano/ bass clef)
- marker and ruler track just like in Cubase.
- cursor just like in Cubase.
- scalable view jut like in Cubase/ Sibelius.
INPUT VIA MOUSE
In short in prefences for user should be preferable Input mode via mouse like in Finale for former Finale users (so I do not be very exact with my input of pitch place - just like in Finale)
and for former Sibelius user like in Sibelius.
RIGHT CLICK TOOLKIT
Under right click of mouse could be something like toolkit in Cubase with
- eraser on pencil for fast erase
- flat,sharp, natural
-selection tool for fast copying parts in instruments and across the score, for fast editing example slurs, staccato etc
- octave mover (down/up) and halfstep mover (down/up) like in Cubase in upper panel -
- and maybe succesive voice changer.
PERFORMANCE & PLAY
- i would like to have flowing window jut like in Cubase, always on top (transport panel)
- in this panel leftmost measure option - something like in Finale (the cursor could go back to the chosen leftmost measure)
- midi insert for pitchbend correction at start of the pitch - it is very easy to do, it will stop gun machine effect and the playback will more natural - just like in vienna instruments pro, It is very realistic effect.
- huamization/randomization - move pitches, little random of velocity, to apply just like in Cubase
- for CC automation input - just like in Cubase
- tempo track just like in Cubase
- locators just like in Cubase
-it could be modest but just like in Cubase