Please let us change the paper background

Hello,
It would be great if we could change the background paper of our score.
Something like this for classical music would be fitting.
Thoughts?

1 Like

Hello RZDorico,

if it’s about printed music, you might use the appropriate paper, for screenreaders there might be an option in the readers settings. Personally, I don’t see a use case…

Cheers,
Matzix

6 Likes

While that may look attractive, it’s hard to read due to insufficient contrast. Sure it could be an option, but I agree with @Matzix - I don’t see a valuable use case. It’s a notation tool, not a publishing program.

1 Like

Or just fix it in post. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yes, you can always add a background to a PDF after export.

When new, 18th- and 19th-century paper would have been very slightly off-white, but otherwise smooth and even.

It’s only the ravages of time which brings yellowing, dirt marks, and variation. If you want to ‘fake’ an original score, then you’d need to alter your fonts and engraving style to make it convincing.

And be sure to print on low-quality non-acid free paper so that it eventually starts crumbling when you turn a page :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The OP picture is apparently from one of @Christophe_Pochon 's YT uploads. I like it, but have no idea how he does it… :grinning:

1 Like

Simply ask :wink:
I added it during the video editing, in Final Cut :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree that is will be hard to read but I think maybe under the print section we can have these options then we can save it with custom paper

Can I ask why you would want to add cosmetic bloat to a program that is already resource intensive when performing its basic operations?

4 Likes

It runs with out any hiccups on my M1 Mac

I don’t think what I ask is too much

It gives character to my score when I wanna export it to pdf or print them

Sibelius has this feature for ages by the way

It is not gonna add any resources if it placed in print section

This beautiful effect can be seen in Cubase.

1 Like

Can’t you just add it in engrave mode as a template?