PLEASE READ what I am still missing in Cubase 6

Is there any way to give them suggestions?

Only if you are friends with Timbaland. If so, you can ask him to have them make you a useless VSTi that does something like display random color splotches on the screen to a 4/4 beat.

That’s for all of us who aren’t synesthetes. :sunglasses:

Hmmm … I would never be rude and mention that Reaper has had multi track multi channel out instrument presets for a couple of years now. That wouldn’t be nice, now would it?

I have Stylus RMX setup that way … one click to get to the track presets and one click to select it to come up with 8 audio and 8 midi tracks perfectly integrated and all wrapped in a folder track. Nice!

But, besides how Mrs. Lincoln enjoyed the play anyway, what about the project template route as a partial solution to your dilemma?

What I don’t know is how many tracks your projects typically have and whether this is primarily production with midi and VSTi or recording.

Regardless, if you use a common structure for all the projects before you put them together, then you can simply import the audio and line the different projects up with markers.

You’re pretty much always going to have most of the same instruments, or better said category of voice: drums, bass, keys, synths, vocals, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, etc. So set up bus structure with grouping for the voices and use the same structure consistently. Keep your projects ‘dry’ and don’t worry about the FX sends (or inserts … depending on which of the two way below would work better for you) till after it’s composed and then add them in the final group project after you transfer.

If you import the audio into a final project with all the same routing, then you just lay the bass files song by song on the same track you used in each project. Then you can route through a common sub bus and set your sends accordingly. The downside is that you couldn’t have different FX for the bass … but you could have rendered them out of the original projects with the FX you wanted.

Really, if you don’t have a ridiculous amount of tracks … say only 8 to 10 per project, you could set up markers in the master project and just start the different songs each at a different marker across the project time line … but each new song with each part, as the bass for example, on different tracks but routed to the same bus structure. You could FX each part of each song individually and send to common busses for a unified sound. Of course if you used, for examples, a lot of tempo tracks, a master project key, arranger track, etc., this would get really complicated.

What would work best really depends a lot on the nature of how the individual projects are put together. If this is all recorded material, then using one project with markers and multiple tracks should work well.

Como

You may try this one:

There is the option to SAVE AS TEMPLATE, with that you can save a project with all the ins and outs already routed and open it from FILE → NEW PROJECT. This includes all the EQs, inserts and sends too…
And as we are not ProTools, we can have several projects open. After opening your template simply drag & drop the files from your original project to the corresponding track in the new template-based one.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

Roger

Thanks. I will explore a little bit what is the shortest and most practical way… for sessions with 30+ tracks.

But still I think the Steinberg team should improve this ASAP. It would make a hell of a difference in the work flow…

i like your humour. there´s in fact a little bit truth in it. :nerd: By the way i like purushas suggestion too.
+1

Hmm… why naturally? You need new ways of thinking, do not settle for “old school” thinking. :wink:

I have the perfect solution for you. Just do the whole album in one project. So much easier. :nerd:

Of course if your songs have lots of tracks, then you´re going to need lots of horse power from your computer.

I have the perfect solution for you. Just do the whole album in one project. So much easier.

Of course if your songs have lots of tracks, then you´re going to need lots of horse power from your computer.

Hmm, maybe I should try this before I start mixing the new album…

OK, now you have 10 or more sessions and it’s time to mix them all in a row. At this stage you probably need most track settings (drums, bass, maybe even guitars or even vocals) adjusted exactly the same (EQ, pan and volume settings). At least for starting point.

I can’t imagine that situation above coming up in anything but mixing a live show. Same EQ, pan and volume settings?

But sure, if it’s a live show mix the whole thing in one song and break it up later when it’s a two track mix.

SB needs to look at ‘Import Session Data’ function in PT9 (and previous versions of PTHD).

Then they need to start there, and see how they can make it better (not sure how they would as it is VERY comprehensive)

That is all.

The current import/export options are very inefficient, sketchy at best (I have issues using Save/Load Selected Channels) and require you to actually open the source session to export a file containing data that already exists in your session.
The PT way allows you to choose a session to import DATA from and opens an interface that lets you see all the tracks in list form and select which parameters/media you would like to import, and if you wish to import to new tracks or choose target destination tracks to impose the data onto. You can do a SRC on any incoming media, offset against TC etc etc

Seriously lacking function in Cubendo

Agree strongly.

It’s a serious PITA copying over multiple settings, needs urgent updating.

I totally agree here. SB team should roll up the sleeves!

Maybe we should all start writting letters to SB team to wake up and upgrade this ASAP :mrgreen:

Haha, yeah that’ll work! I have been posting things like my post above for 4 years at the old nuendo forums - but still no words from SB for my confidence!

+1