Please share your experience with other Android users

I’m searching for a suitable 10" Android tablet on which to run Cubasis 3. As someone above mentioned, it’s not easy looking through all the specs to find the magic “arm64-v8a ABI”.

Is there still no list of Android tablets that are known to work with Cubasis?

Samsung S10 with DEX on a 34" ultrawide screen displayed perfectly!
Note: you need DEX pad to get more than 1040px.
Mouse and keyboard work.

I use a USB midi keyboard - running great
iRig 2 as Interface for guitar/bass - running great

Sometimes I discover on-off-on-off…-issues while recording audio.
There are also some annoying cracks when playback.

Are there plans to bring more plugins to Cubasis (android)? Would highly appreaciate that.

I have a Samsung Tab S5e. Not the most powerful tablet, but Cubasis runs properly on it.
Think, the Tab S7 by Samsung should be a good choice.

1 Like

Hi Minnen,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your experience with the community!

Are there plans to bring more plugins to Cubasis (android)? Would highly appreaciate that.

We try our best to make Cubasis better with every update!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Superjoe1178, I’m thinking of getting the Lenovo M10 Plus second gen. 10.3’ Octa-Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, Android Pie which I believe is 64 bit, £175 to 200 ish, would you expect it to run Cubasis 3 just as your Lenovo does please? … and were there any reasons why you might advise to fork out more for an iPad, ie. was there any lag, pops and crackles and can you use the headphone jack to record audio? Very many thanks for your time and trouble in answering, James Sherburn.

Hi

I’ve recently purchased the UR22C and it won’t activate the Cubasis LE app on either of my devices: mobile phone & tablet. From the likes of it, some have managed to activate Cubasis on their Samsung Galaxy S10+ mobile phone, which is exactly what I use. I also added a 500G sd card. When in demo mode, I could record with mic & instruments from the UR22C and it seems to do its thing with a few crackles and pops - apparently these can be eliminated by deactivating WIFI? So the issue here is that the audio interface won’t activate Cubasis LE. The app just stays in demo mode. And yes, my UR22C is registered, I’ve tried all unplugging & replugging sequences and nothing works. So, if Cubasis LE activates on a Samsung S10+ for some, shouldn’t it activate for me?

Same issue with my Lenovo tablet. I have a **Lenovo M10 ** second gen. 10.3’ Octa-Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, Android Pie (like MorphicJim mentioned above). Same issue here, won’t activate Cubasis LE. As a matter of fact, it doesn’t seem to recognise the UR22C at all?!

I would like to have a mobile app that I can use to jot down ideas and it would be awesome if it were Cubase, seeing as that’s what I use on my desktop (PC)!

Help!

Cheers

R

Hi @Chiselman,

Thank you for your message!

I’ve recently purchased the UR22C and it won’t activate the Cubasis LE app on either of my devices: mobile phone & tablet. From the likes of it, some have managed to activate Cubasis on their Samsung Galaxy S10+ mobile phone, which is exactly what I use.

Please note that Cubasis LE, which comes bundled with several audio devices, such as your UR22C is available for iOS only as stated on our website and in the App Store description.

On Android you have the choice to give our freely downloadable Cubasis LE 3 Trial version a 30 minute test drive, which can be restarted as often as you like.

We suggest to give the Trial version a closer look, to make sure that your Android device and/or additional audio devices work as expected, before purchasing Cubasis for Android.

To learn more about Cubasis, please visit our Cubasis website and have a look at the available trial versions too. Alongside, please find out what each app version has to offer on our comparison page.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi

Actually, it doesn’t really say anywhere that we’re going for a “test drive” with this app. As a matter of fact, I am led to believe that Steinberg has debugged and launched Cubasis on Android!
The Google App Store states that Cubasis 3 - Music Studio and Audio Editor works on some Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S9+ (precursor to my Galaxy S10+) . It should theoretically work on my S10+ (Cubasis ought to activate?)
App sells for about 72$ Canadian for Android.

Cubasis: Music Creation App for iOS & Android | Steinberg.

Hi @Chiselman,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis LE 3 Trial can be freely downloaded to try out the the app with your given Android devices in a 30 minute demo mode, which can be continuously restarted.

Here is the information (extracted from our Cubasis for Android FAQ), what Android devices are supported:

Cubasis requires a 64-bit CPU smartphone or tablet device supporting arm64-v8a ABI, running Android 8 or later.

To check, if Cubasis will run on your smartphone or tablet, please open Cubasis on Google Play with your device. If the Play Store allows you to purchase the app, it will run on the device that you are using for the purchase. If your device is not compatible, the Play Store will tell you.

However, the general performance of the app itself, depends on the performance of the actual device in use!

In addition, please note that we’ve released a freely downloadable Cubasis trial version, which also can be used for compatibility checks with your given device(s). Find more details about the Cubasis trial version below.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Actually …. no it doesn’t help! LOL

I am not sure if you are even reading my posts?! I’m being bombarded with copy-pasted answers! Why am I not surprised.
I am thinking of purchasing Cubase Pro 11 and if this is a kind of support we get, it makes me doubt the efficiency of these answers. Do we have to go through a week of stock answers before I get a real reply?!

OK let’s break it down.

Cubasis LE 3 Trial can be freely downloaded to try out the the app with your given Android devices in a 30 minute demo mode, which can be continuously restarted.

Yes …obviously.

Cubasis requires a 64-bit CPU smartphone or tablet device supporting arm64-v8a ABI, running Android 8 or later.

To check, if Cubasis will run on your smartphone or tablet, please open Cubasis on Google Play with your device. If the Play Store allows you to purchase the app, it will run on the device that you are using for the purchase. If your device is not compatible, the Play Store will tell you.

Yes. My Samsung S10+ is a 64-bit CPU smartphone supporting arm64-v8a ABI and runs on Android 11…. And at the risk of sounding redundant, yes it downloaded perfectly, meaning it was compatible. As a matter of fact, I will repeat myself yet again, the app plays, it even recognizes the UR22C and the UR22C also works in the app.
It JUST WON’T ACTIVATE THE APP . It’s specified that when using a Steinberg device that the app recognizes, the app unlocks from DEMO mode! In my case, The app sees the audio interface, but it won’t unlock.

As a side note, I know that it’s a free app when coupled with the hardware. But… if I were to pay for the app, would I get this issue?

In addition, please note that we’ve released a freely downloadable Cubasis trial version, which also can be used for compatibility checks with your given device(s). Find more details about the Cubasis trial version below.

In addition, my Lenovo M10 Gen 2 is also a 64-bit CPU tablet device supporting arm64-v8a ABI, running on Android 10. Also doesn’t work!

Have a good day
R

Hi @Chiselman,

Thanks for your message.

Yes. My Samsung S10+ is a 64-bit CPU smartphone supporting arm64-v8a ABI and runs on Android 11 …. And at the risk of sounding redundant, yes it downloaded perfectly, meaning it was compatible. As a matter of fact, I will repeat myself yet again, the app plays, it even recognizes the UR22C and the UR22C also works in the app.
It JUST WON’T ACTIVATE THE APP .

I’ve already answered this in my earlier reply:
Please note that Cubasis LE, which comes bundled with several audio devices, such as your UR22C is available for iOS only as stated on our website and in the App Store description. On Android you have the choice to give our freely downloadable Cubasis LE 3 Trial version a 30 minute test drive, which can be restarted as often as you like.

Best wishes,
Lars

Then why are you giving specifications?!
I have some friends who use androids and their phones unlocked Cubasis!

R

Hi @Chiselman,

I have some friends who use androids and their phones unlocked Cubasis!

As mentioned above, Cubasis LE which comes bundled with audio devices to unlock the app from demo mode is exclusively available for iOS.

On Android, you can grab Cubasis LE 3 Trial, which offers to test out a smaller feature set of Cubasis in a restartable 30 minute demo/trial mode, to see if the app works with your Android device in use.

It is impossible to unlock Cubasis LE 3 Trial or Cubasis for Android with an Android smartphone or tablet.

We try our best to describe the features of our apps in the individual app descriptions. Please feel free to check them out on Google Play (or the App Store).

Alongside, please visit our available Cubasis websites for further information.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Me compre en promoción un Xiaomi Note 10pro y puedo usar Cubasis LE 3 Trial perfectamente, 0 molestias, no se queda pegado y además anda muy rápido. Es fenomenal!

Hi @patricia-salomet,

Thank you for sharing your results wit other users!
We are very glad to read that the Cubasis LE 3 Trial version works fine for you!

Enjoy making music
& stay safe and sound,
Lars