I open a project I haven’t worked on in a year-and-a-half, and get a list of plug-ins that could not be found. All of the “missing” plugins are Melda Productions plug-ins, while all other plug-ins load fine.
The plug-in “MConvolutionEZ” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “Guitar”!
The plug-in “MSpectralPan” could not be found for Insert 1 Channel “Organ, Clean Combo”!
The plug-in “MStereoExpander” could not be found for Insert 2 Channel “Organ, Clean Combo”!
The plug-in “MStereoScope” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “Organ, Clean Combo”!
The plug-in “MSaturator” could not be found for Insert 1 Channel “B-3 Hit”!
The plug-in “MFreqShifter” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “Vox Alien (clear throat)”!
The plug-in “MComb” could not be found for Insert 2 Channel “Vox, Bridge”!
The plug-in “MAutoPitch” could not be found for Insert 1 Channel “VoxGuitar Vox A1”!
The plug-ins are all loaded and show up just fine in the VST Plug-in Manager. I’ve verified all VST paths and had Cubase re-scan all plug-ins. Nothing in the Blocklist.
I can add them as new instances to my project, but I can’t copy the settings from the previous instance to the new instance. I’ve tried right-clicking and choosing ‘save/load preset’ as well as ‘copy … settings’. I can paste back or load to the “missing” instance, but not to the new instance I just added. ‘Paste’ is greyed out and Load Preset won’t show the preset I just saved from the other instance. And of course, the “e” button won’t open the settings for the missing instances, but it will open for any new instances.
I have not encountered this problem from any other plug-ins including my Waves, Arturia, Native Instruments, Spitfire, or UVI plug-ins and I have only loaded the 64-bit plug-ins.
Additional info: My motherboard died and after replacing it (and Windows altogether), I upgraded from Cubase Pro 10 to Cubase Pro 11. All of the Melda plug-ins were unlicensed and free ones. I decided to be nice and buy the ‘free’ package (so I can get to the deeper settings and also to pay for what I’m using) and installed it. After adding a new instance of one of the plug-ins, I added my newly purchased license, and now all the Melda plug-ins show as licensed.