Plugin for making low sounds mono for mastering

Melda has a new free plugin that does this:

Hi there
I am looking for a guidebook on Cubase Elements (9 or near enough). I have no knowledge at all of recording software, so something around the …for dummies level is perfect for me. I’m also wondering whether, if I don’t find one, the guides on the full Cubase versions are appropriate for me? There seem to be a fair few in circulation. I can’t survive on the free youtube videos out there done by Steinberg or Cubase Elements fans. They are incoherent in structure for the post part, and start at all sorts of levels, none of which I can get a step up on.

I appreciate any advice please
Thank you

stereotools by sonalksis - pick your frequency and everything below that can be mono

I’d be cautious about using Stereo Tools, or anything by Sonalksis as they’re ageing and don’t think they’re being updated. Cool plugins but don’t want to spend your money on something that doesn’t work on newer systems.

Waves Center, IK Multimedia QuadImage, BX StereoMaker, DDMF StereooeretS (IK and DDMF can also narrow/widen mid and high). There are also GMonoBass and GStereo (both free from GVST, but Mac versions are in early BETA still).
In most cases I use Center or StereoMaker which are simple and effective - IK QuadImage when I need a greater degree of control (StereooeretS is almost in the same league, though). BX includes a knob to make mono everything below a set frequency.

1 Like

You can also use stock plugin called Quadrafuzz v2, play with just the low frequency band - set the width and drive to 0 and bypass all other bands so it does not affect higher frequencies at all.
It can also be used as a Mix Bus plugin to add a bit of saturation to the final mix and there you can set the width for low frequenncy to 0 but also extend the width of higher frequencies to make it wider.

:heart: IK QuadImager, Ozone Imager, Bx Control V2, Bx StereoMaker, Nugen Monofilter