Plugin messages are hidden underneath plugin window

When a plugin raises a (modal) message (looks like a standard windows dialog form) it is hidden underneath the plugin window after which is seems like Cubase 8 Pro is frozen. In Windows 7 I found the modal message form as a second window of Cubase 8 on the taskbar after which I found out that there was a modal message dialog.
Please improve the window handling so a message is always up front.

Reported many times, already in the known issues and solutions list.

Sorry, but reported where? I don’t see another entry on this page. As to “solutions list”, is there a posted solution workaround?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

BON-5696

disable the “Always on Top” mode for plug-ins. In the Preferences > VST > Plug-ins the option “Plug-in Editors “Always on Top””

I do it on a per-plugin basis, since for me this issue effects maybe 10% of the active plugins I use. Right-click somewhere on the top of the plugin, where the preset drop-down is, and disable always on top for that plugin. You will need to do this every time you toggle that plugin window if you don’t disable the global setting in your Cubase preferences.

Somebody should lock this thread

Thanks Invincibear. I didn’t see that either earlier. Appreciated.

You will need to do this every time you toggle that plugin window if you don’t disable the global setting in your Cubase preferences.

This doesn’t work on Windows 7
I deselected “plug-in editor “always on top”” in the preference, but still every plug-in opens with “always on top”
selected