PlugIn Report as CSV

Could we please have a PlugIn Report as CSV or XLS file?**

2 Likes

Hi @hajo ,
What is the purpose of your question?
It is relatively easy to import the “Plug-in report.txt” file into Excel and format it.

1 Like

@P.A.T How does one access this file?

1 Like

Thanks

Hi, how did you do that?

What do you mean by “that” ?
After clicking the button marked in the picture above, a text file is generated that you can then import into Excel

No, I wanted to know how you did the import in Excel.
Thank you for your answer and have a nice weekend!
Regards, Hajo

1 Like

As you probably know, you can drag&drop the *.txt-File into Excel.
For formatting I used the “Text in columns” function.

OK, I’ve been working with this for a bit and I can’t get it to parse into columns properly. I’ve done this a lot for work before, so I’ve tried the various combinations of spaces, tabs, commas, and it just is too inconsistent. You can get it with some effort using Fixed Width, but even that took a few tries to get right. And you would manually have to repeat that every time you opened a new version
I’m going to have to agree with the original OP, that the report should be changed to a true CSV file so it can be more useful, and much easier to use.

1 Like

@SF_Green ,
you can also do this with a macro.
You may have to adjust some number values, for my example it fits exactly :slight_smile:

Sub FormatPluginReport()
Range(“A56:A10000”).Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range(“A56”), DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 2), Array(36, 2), Array(72, 2), Array(108, 2), Array(126, 2) _
, Array(144, 2), Array(162, 2)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Columns(“A:G”).EntireColumn.AutoFit
Range(“A1”).Select
End Sub

1 Like

I absolutely cannot put all the columns in order, and it would be very useful to keep tabs on all installed plug-ins until Steinberg decides to heavily update the Plugins Manager. Any hope of succeeding? I tried with the macro kindly suggested by P.A.T but I always get errors, I’m not very good with Excel macros. Thanks to anyone who has succeeded and wants to share